Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Wiener

I was with her when it happened. 

He hurt me too. 

Maybe ya'll don't understand, but --we have been through hell.  And I won't leave her, ever.

I knew something was wrong immediately.  It's hard for her to tell, cuz she doesn't have my sixth sense, but her demeanor changed too.  I'm sure in retrospect she realizes that.

I was mad and on high alert instantly.  My barks drew no concern, as well, that is just what I do.  I tried to change my pitch, and still....I was commanded to behave.  I got a couple of bites in though.

When things turned bad in a hurry, I pounced.  All 8 pounds of me, with all my might!  I took a shoe to the guts, and rolled against the wall.  And they were gone. 

I felt helpless as my yelps fell on deaf ears.  I heard cries, and muffled whimpers, but mostly, I felt helpless.  I barked and cried.  It all happened so fast. 

The door opened and I ran to my mom.  She was on the floor, crying.  The intruder was gone, in an instant.  I just sat and licked her tears as she shook. 

After a bit, she sorta snapped.  No more tears, no more shaking.  I felt mildly relieved, but knew it wasn't ok.  I followed at her feet as she hurried to make it all ok.  It was disturbing.  Soon, a false normalcy painted our scene, and I was left to helpless again, not knowing exactly what to do.  So I stayed true. 

I vowed then and there to not leave her side. 

A short while later she disappeared for a few days, and then reappeared, visibly shattered.  It.was.hell.

Some time has past since this all plagued our lives.  Some people laugh at her cuz she has made me a face book page.  Some laugh cuz we are inseparable.  Not even her child fully understands what we experienced together. 

Love doesn't have to be human to human.  Love doesn't have to be animal to animal.  I love her, and I won't leave her side. 

She is My human.

www.rainn.org
www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

2 comments:

  1. Wow Casi I had no idea. I'm so very sorry this happened to you. You are a strong wonderful.lady when a beautiful daughter and assign awesome little wiener

    ReplyDelete