Friday, May 16, 2014

My Ocean.

I realized today that I am in the middle of an amazing love affair.  I'm giddy.

I tried to deny it, and keep it all in perspective, but anyone that knows me is aware that just isn't my strong suit.  My heart resides on my sleeve.  Some say it makes me who I am.  Some says it's my biggest weakness.  I choose to not define it.  I can only be who I am.

I try to be with my love each day.  Occasionally, time doesn't allow.  I don't feel whole on these days.  However, it's easy to put myself back in the arms of my loved one, even if we can't physically touch.

She has no idea how much I love her.  She has no idea how much anyone loves her.  She just does her thing and does it well.  No one will ever be able to match the majesty that she can create.  She is AWESOME.

It's unfortunate that I have to share her.  I want to be selfish, and make her all mine.  Alas, it's not allowed.  So I make the most of the time I have, and cherish the moments that nurture my heart.

Sometimes I can stay with her for hours.  I am spoiled in that respect.  Even though I am not alone with her, I feel like she is the only one in my soul.

I can sit for hours and just listen to her.  I don't have to see her...but just hear her.  It's a sweet song of love and commitment that no one else is the universe can match. It frees me,  A melody that can be as gentle as plush, and as harsh as a firestorm.  Either way, I feel mesmerized by the notes that only she can reach.

Under no circumstance does she fail me.  If I need her, she is there.  If I need to dream of her, she paints my dreams.  If I need a safe place, she cradles me.  When I need a friend, there is never a time she won't listen.  

She gives and gives and doesn't even know how much it means to me.  She never will.  I take and take, and she never complains.  Sometimes I feel guilty, but inside my heart I feel like she is OK, despite my shortcomings.  

The definition of perfection, there she is.

Sometimes I walk along and pretend the birds are playing a silly game with me.  I can't catch up, but I never care.  I suppose they don't either.

I meet so many amazing people on her shores, and she has no idea how much grace it takes to arrange such meetings, and want nothing in return.  

Canines endlessly run with smiles, nose to the ground, and never cease to greet me. I wish everyone could be that happy; as happy as an unleashed dog on the beach.  It's how I want to live my life.  But I can only do it on her shores.  

The mighty Pacific is the perfect lover.  

I have made many mistakes in my life.  Sometimes my judgement has been questioned and my motives maligned.  However,,,moving and residing mere moments from the shores of her belly is NOT one of them.  Happiness comes in many forms, mine lulls me to sleep.

Sleep well my love.








No comments:

Post a Comment