Wednesday, April 14, 2021

For da Boys

 Lately I have been doing a lot of listening.  Listening to people talk about the economy, the administration, and even this new virus.  I listen...because we all know, no one is perfect and we all have room to grow.  I'm hoping to learn, and grow, and feel confident in my own decisions.  I listen.

In America, the sky is the limit.  You can, for the most part, be or do whatever you want.  Possibilities lay at our feet like lillies on a pond.  It's unique.  It's phenomenal.  It's.....Freedom.  So I listen.

So while I listen, and think about the United States, my home.  I am perpetually disappointed in some things I hear.  (i have that right to be disappointed, cuz,...freedom)  My head digests so much that some days I think I'm going crazy.  But, I'm not....What I'm going is....to bat for my country.

I have met some wonderful people in the midst of this attack on our freedom. 2 in particular...former soldiers.  Men that would take a bullet for you any day of the week.  Read that again.

I know a lot of men and women that have served.  I will always respect them and feel eternal gratitude to them.   I mean, Jesus Christ, these men and women....what they stand for...what they do, for us!  For the United States. While you get your nails done, or work at your desk, or while you are celebrating a birthday with family, the soldiers have got your back, and you don't even know it!-- and it really seems like you don't care. 

It's not a movie.  It's not little green army guys.  It's fucking real.  Soldiers in sweltering heat running 12 miles so that I can run my mouth.  Missions in weather most of us would die in, so that Betty Lou in Seattle can buy a house by herself.  Missing their families so that Greg in Puyallup can be an atheist.  

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOU CANNOT DO THIS IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES?

But, no one can make you care.  That is a learned behavior that a lot of people seemed to not absorb. But now, It's more than just not caring.  It's dreadful, and embarrassing.  It's treason.  It's disrespect.  It's every nightmare you ever had rolled into one big sack of shit.

My heart dropped into my gut when I heard a soldier tell me how much it hurt to know that all that he gave, seemed to be for nothing.  That while he put his life on the line to protect us, some Americans cursed him.  Cursed the American soldier in the name of communism.  What a kick in the nuts.  Btw, go treat the Iranian army like they are shit.....you will die.  

This all makes me think about 9-11.  How the country came together in the name of Freedom, to support each other, and the military.  How the country KNEW, we had to defeat evil and we would do whatever it took to protect our country and our borders.  Flags flew on every house, people gathered to pray, and heads bowed to remember the lives lost. 

Was that all a joke?  I mean.....  What changed?

What changed is the enemy.  We are not defending against foreign enemies.  Our enemy is sadly domestic.

I know the American Soldier didn't change.  They keep on keeping on to make sure you can do whatever it is you desire.  And...as he said....was it for nothing?  

In this moment in my life I cannot tolerate it.  I will not tolerate disrespectful American citizens criticizing my military.  I cannot tolerate American citizens endorsing communism.  And I will not tolerate the blatant criticism of the United States.

So, piss off.  Be a democrat, or republican, or whatever.  Be tall, be short, be stupid or smart.  Be a lawyer or a teacher.  Whatever it is in your head that makes you hate the United States or demean the military is a flaw that needs to be addressed in your life.  While I support your freedoms to do so, I won't tolerate it in my presence.

I will fight, along side those trained or not, to defend my freedoms and my country.  What will you do?



No comments:

Post a Comment